Interview with Julien Janvier
1. Do you sometimes dream about painting?
No, it never happened to me again.
2. What are you currently working on?
Currently I am working on a series of small paintings called "balenciagaga" and on drawings on paper.
3. Do you listen to music while working?
Yes I listen a lot of house / techno 90's, Belgian Rap, it calms me and motivates me, I often do the same thing when I cook.
4. Which artists (or other people) are you inspired by?
The list of artists is long and eclectic in terms of influence, I am more influenced by current art than that of 20th century, through Ben Sledsen, Rinus Van De Velde, Fred Plateus, Ricardo Passaporte, Paul Wackers and I spend a lot.
5. Is it a conscious decision not to have a website?
No no no the website I hope to create this year, I had a lot of exposure and I did not have time to create the site.
6. What is your favorite place to see art?
I like to go to art fairs or galleries, we can talk to the artists often and it gives us an additional reading track that I found in a museum.
7. What is the best part of being an artist?
To be able to express oneself and to transmit our thought to the public.
8. Are there any upcoming projects or exhibitions where you can see your work?
For the year 2019, I have an exhibition as part of the price of the creation of the city of Liège in September at the museum of Boverie in Liège, it is for the moment the only planned concrete exhibition, there are exhibition projects but they are not yet planned.